Week 7 in Writing 2, we started discussing about how we were going to do a podcast on what whatever we wanted to talk about. The topic that I chose to talk about in my podcast, which is going to be from three to five minutes long, is going to be on Video Game Addiction. What I was planning to do with this, was dig up a few articles on this subject and try to use some paraphrases from credible authors, and voice a problem that a lot of people don't think is a big deal.
To do this effectively and in a non-boring fashion, I am going to be putting short clips of music from popular games that people seem to be addicted to. Games that I plan on discussing for sure will be World of Warcraft and Call Of Duty being the two main ones, and maybe Pokemon and Super Smash Brothers being two minor ones to talk about.
I chose to do this topic mainly because as a teen growing up, I fell into loving playing MMORPGs, one being World of Warcraft. I played on and off for several years, buying each expansion that came out. Each time I quit the game was because I found the game boring, or too time-consuming, but everytime, I would resume playing World of Warcraft because I would get bored, and sad to say, I was addicted to it.
A lot of people don't realize that Video Game addiction is a large problem in society, and that 15% of all of those people who play video games are indeed video game addicts; hurting a person's social life, education, and ability to experience the real world outside of the virtual world.
No comments:
Post a Comment