Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 8 Podcast Script Work

     After about half an hour of research, I found three sources that describe the percentage of people in the world that are affected by video game addiction and I found one article on the game World of Warcraft, what it is about, and why so many people become addicted to that game. I wanted to do World of Warcraft and Call of Duty as two of my main topics to talk about in my podcast, but the lack of information regarding addiction to Call of Duty makes me want to rethink what I want to do overall with my subject. Most sources that I bring up about video game addiction have something to do with World of Warcraft because it is an MMORPG, which is the most addictive genre out of all the games.
     What I planned on doing was having quotes probably one from each source, and plugging them in accordingly. When doing my script, I realized that my podcast might sound a little boring, so to fix that I might have to deviate slightly from my script and add a slightly more colloquial sort of language when I vocally do the podcast.
     My introduction so far is: " Hey guys and welcome back to another episode of Video Game Talk on 696.9 SSMS. What you just listened to, as many of you may already know, is a popular soundtrack to the most popular multiplayer game as of yet, World of Warcraft. Now with today’s podcast, I want to sort of deviate from the normal video game talk, (just for today!), and discuss an important issue that most people don’t take seriously … Video game addiction." I feel this introduction addresses the correct audience I am podcasting to, which are video game players, and  gives off a friendly colloquial greeting.
     My ending so far is: "  With all that said, most people are able to play video games without being addicted to it. It is okay to be able to play video games for large amounts  of time if you really enjoy it, but there is a definite line between playing a lot of video games, and being plain addicted to it. As it says in the loading screen for World of Warcraft, “Take everything in moderation”, enjoy yourself but try not to get too caught up in video games. That is the end of the show for today, have fun, and play some video games, see you guys next week." I wanted to end with a levity from the seriousness of the topic and give video game playing listeners a warning not to get too involved in games.

No comments:

Post a Comment